An LMS or a Learning Management System is a great addition to ERP software for any school. It allows educational institutions to be faster and more modern than others due to open access to educational material to students, such as classroom content, assignments, grade books, and so on. The e-learning platform is in demand because it allows you to use the three powerful elements situated in its abbreviation.
- Learning. With the LMS school management system's help, you open for yourself and your students a huge database of e-courses and educational materials. This well-ordered and well-structured data helps to expand knowledge in any subject. Such a database of information will, firstly, preserve and, secondly, allow further to increase students' expertise in all educational institution subjects.
- Management. By using school ERP and LMS software together, your teaching team will become more organized in the area of learning management. Unlike file sharing, LMS is not just a dump of files but a well-organized system where you manage the process. Whatever the task, you just need to select the appropriate course and add participants.
- System. Since LMS available online, you can easily collaborate with students and teachers from anywhere in the world. Thus, the owner of LMS software for schools can teach students from the comfort of their own homes. In addition, the correct LMS program automates all the most boring and monotonous work: checking tests, collecting statistics, and preparing reports.
Unfortunately, not every student management system can follow these basic principles in practice. However, there are criteria for selecting the right LMS program. Some of them should be suitable for individual characteristics, but there are also basic ones. Our article has highlighted three key factors when choosing a good LMS school system management software that applies to any educational institution.
Customizability and statistics
Research has shown that effective online instruction depends on well-designed course content, motivating interaction between the instructor and learners, well-prepared and fully-supported instructors. All this is impossible if the software for schools does not have the ability to modify the material for specific purposes.
LMS is software for schools that must help create customized courses. Otherwise, it will not look different from a regular textbook. Customized courses include targeting a group of students, their level of knowledge, their style, and pace of learning, creating the best conditions for the most effective studying. Also, you can make learning more interesting with customization in this software for schools. You can add and remove different content types such as lessons, media files, articles, presentations, and much more.
As for statistics, the LMS software should be able to collect information on specific subjects and parameters for schools. Thus, teachers will be able to correctly assess the students' performance, quickly find their weaknesses and at the same time eliminate them without prejudice to the general educational process of students. This useful feature usually includes such important student statistics as:
- Grading the scores
- Process of learning
- A digital report card
In this way, you get a whole database of useful information, which is available in a convenient electronic format 24/7. The system can also be automated to make grading faster, providing lightning-fast communication upon completion of assignments. All this and more will reduce the burden on teachers, allowing them to spend time working on the main thing - improving the training program's interest.
What is ERP software for school integrations?
One of the most important factors to consider when purchasing LMS software is compatibility with a pre-existing ERP for schools. Enterprise Resource Planning is a product that was originally created, on the one hand, for scalability, and on the other, to provide maximum opportunities. Therefore, without ERP, you will spend more time and attention on tasks that can be solved automatically. ERP and LMS is a great combination, as it allows you to get the most organizational strategy for solving and performing all types of operations.
For your convenience, we have highlighted the most basic ones, such as:
- Human resource management
- Distribution of financial management
- Accounting and supply of required materials
- Academic calendar
- Full compliance with the educational process
All this and much more are focused primarily on the continuous balancing and optimization of the educational institution's resources. Thanks to the LMS program's compatibility with school ERP software, you will simplify the implementation of this technology. As a result, you will get the most out of effective use by eliminating day-to-day tasks in a second.
Also, do not forget about the video conferencing platform you have been using for many years or just starting out. In the last few years, online training has become common for us, so we need to be prepared because it will occupy a niche above the standard indoor classes in the near future. So it is very important that the LMS utility has plugins that allow you to use it during online lessons in real-time.
Quiz and exam management
The era of technology requires innovation to help online classes, and the LMS is the thing that must it deliver. When it comes to regular manual exams, you need to invest such vital resources as time and effort to follow and complete tasks that can be put online. During quizzes, tests, and exams with the right LMS software for schools, you can forget about:
- Developing a list of questions
- Printing answer sheets
- Managing the invigilators
- Preparing the learning space
- Assessment of student knowledge
This is just a small list of tasks that the online assessment function will help you with. Thanks to it, you will get rid of the difficulties in performing various tasks of creating, planning, administering, and grading through actions that the system performs automatically for you. In turn, this brings even more advantages. For example, with digitizing, teachers will be able to conduct more quizzes to highlight the students' level of knowledge over and over again. Thus, the acquired knowledge will be preserved for a much longer time.
LMS is often the best but expensive school management software, and this is the main reason that delays the moment of its purchase. But first of all, you need to understand that the money spent, on the contrary, will help save and improve both students' and teachers' knowledge level. Consider the highlighted factors for buying the correct LMS, and you will get maximum returns on your investments.